[Quick Check] What is My Motherboard? No matter why but many of us ask what Motherboard do I have Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7? This guide will help you to find out what motherboard you have. Many of us may not aware of, at the time of purchase a PC or laptop and bring at home. When friends ask full info of your PC or Lappy then you search for : 1) What is mother board? 2) Which Motherboard do I have? 3) Find out what motherboard I have? 4) Check what motherboard I have? You can get your PC’s info in two ways.
- In your PC manual book but if you’ve lost, the what?
- Then, you can get through below 3-Ways.
All these tricks will work in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and also for server versions such as Windows 2012 R2.
Trick-1) What is My Motherboard? Check Using Command Prompt
- Type “Command Prompt” in the search bar (for Windows 10). For Windows 8.1, 8 and 7 – Click on “Start” and and type “Command Prompt” in the search bar. Then Click to open it.
- It’ll open a Command Prompt. Now type below command without quotes.
- Press Enter key just after typed.
- It’ll show you the full info “What is Your Motherboard?” So, if you could get your PC info then Read how to fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Speed Issue? Or, go to Trick-2 below.
Trick-2) Use CPU-Z Software to Check Which Motherboard do I have?
- Go to cpuid.com through your that PC which info you need to know.
- Now Download CPU-Z from that page which is free.
- When your PC complete the CPU-Z download then double click to install.
- Now open it. (You’ll get it on your desktop, you can also search it in your PC’s “Search bar”).
- When the CPU-Z is opened go to “Mainboard” tab (You’ll get it on top of the Window). Under this you’ll see the “Motherboard” section.
Hope you could get your PC’s info. If not! and still ask “What is My Motherboard?” Go for Next Trick-3.
Trick-3) With Help of Windows System Info
Note : This trick wont work for Dell and HP PC or Laptop. So, if you’ve Dell or HP PC then leave this trick and try the above two tricks. It works good for other PC and Laptop. So, let’s know how you can know about your PC’s Motherboard with help of Trick-3.
- Go to “Run” box of your PC (Press Windows + R keys at a time).
- Now type “msinfo32” in Run box and press Enter Key.
- Now it’ll show you the full info of you PC under “System Summary“. Look at left side of this page you’ll get all the info of your PC. There’re two more things which you may need. So, read full page and get all about your PC. Have a look at img added here;
- Check each list to know all about your PC’s Motherboard.
Hope all the above three tricks could guide you to know your PC’s OS and hardware.