Here you will get best tips on how to Troubleshoot Windows 10 and 8.1 Remote Desktop Connection Problems? This is a troubleshooting Server Remote blog to help people. Who are getting difficulties during Remote Desktop connection on Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Here is several method added how to Access Windows 8 or 8.1 and also for Windows 10 or Windows 2012 R2. You can apply and check every methods as per your requirement. I’m sure you will be able to connect your computer with RDP client. Here is super Troubleshooting Tips for Windows 8.1 Remote Desktop Connection Problems. Basic and simple tips for Windows 10 Computer Connection problem.
If you understand the necessity of RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and also how it works. This query is enough to solve Find The Remote problems to Access Windows OS. With help of Remote Desktop Connection you can remotely connect a particular desktop computer network with other control. We are giving example on desktop through out local network connection (even both internet and WAN both are working). But this Guide will help you if there is any issue @ connecting a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Expired OS XP.
As you know proper networking is the basic requirement for RDP. Now, make sure both destination and the source computers are communicating or not. As they are in proper network. You need to take remote desktop connection to ping. The Windows 8.1 Computer Connection and test network connectivity. The ping response is blocked in the Windows firewall as default setting is active.
[Easy Tips] Troubleshoot Windows 10 and 8.1 Remote Desktop Connection Problems.
We have posted Windows 8.1 screenshots how to Access Windows. Don’t be surprise to see Windows 8.1 applicability for Windows 10. Since, the settings always unchanged in new OS. These methods are able to work on Windows 10, Windows 2012 R2 Server Remote.
- [Fixed] Mac app store error, Yosemite Update Error on Mac. Get Office For Mac.
- Top 3 Best Free CRM Software for Mac OS Server, Works with Yosemite and Mavericks.
- Latest and Best Laptop Macbook Pro Docking Stations for 13 and 15 Inch Models.
1) Enable Remote Desktop software to Accept the connection.
a) If you don’t set-up ‘Properties’ in Windows 8.1 or 8 computer. By default Server Remote desktop connection will be blocked. For remote computer access, make it enable manually to accept any incoming RDP connections. At first use this troubleshooting method will verify whether it’s enabled already or allow the incoming remote desktop connection properly. Now need to ask again how to remote access a computer because, remote access to computer is easy task.
Just right click on the My computer icon and go to Properties.
b) Give a single Click on Remote settings and follow the instruction.
- Can you see ‘radio button’? Make it enable to accept RDP connection.
- If you leave it as default the most secure RDP connections will be activated. To allow the Remote Desktop connection without Network Level Authentication, “Remove the tick”.
- If you will not Remove this tick then particular Windows 8.1/10 computer can be Remote from desktop clients. And apps like Windows 7 or xp which can take RDP connection to support Network Level Authentication.
- In this case, RDP connection will not work, if Windows XP or Vista (if don’t have latest RDP clients with Network Level Authentication) will provide RDP connection to particular Windows 8.1 computer.
Microsoft site also cover this topic how to slove Remote Desktop Internet Problems.
Remove your tick from checkbox“Allow ….Network Authentication”. If you again need to manage your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer.
c) Administrator and Remote Desktop Users always need to take remote desktop connection for their particular Windows 8.1/10 computer. If you need you can get details under Local Users and Groups in your computer management option. Give a single right click on My computer just select Manage. You will get this option.
2) Let’s Check out The Firewall.
RDC works with TCP port 3389 but recent Windows OS blocks this port by default. It can work only if you enable RDP on a server or Windows clients, to get more follow the step number 1(a). After that to allow incoming connection Remote Desktop connection protocol will be added in the firewall by OS. I will recommend you to check the Windows firewall again if you are still facing the problem on same computer.
Firewall checking root – Go to Control Panel —-> Windows Firewall—>‘Allow an App or feature through…’ now look at the option given below.
Now I’m sure you will get Remote Desktop connection is checked here and it is ready to accept the RDP protocol on Windows 8.1 or 10. May it is not selected by default, to make it enable just click on ‘Change Settings’.
Some people use third party firewall software eg. – Comodo, or other threat or Virus protection Antivirus. In that case need to check the firewall settings. Go to your firewall settings specific programs and make enable all incoming Remote desktop connections. It may be in protocol TCP 3389 in your RDP.
3) Some other Important Services Must be Checked also.
“Remote Desktop Service” provided by Windows. To allow RDP this service must be run in your system. No matter it is enabled and checked properly. If the RDP service is not running in your computer the RDC will not work. RDP is a default Windows OS service, set to run automatically in Windows computer. But you must check to be sure. if it’s not running need to start it by manually.
4) This tool work in case of Slow Remote Desktop Connection.
If RDP connection is slow and the display performance of your system is poor may be because of slow network connection. If you are a WAN (Wide Area Network) user then, this is a common issue.
Usually RDP process is for basic tasks not for multimedia or high graphical activities. This is reason you are getting dull images. Here you need to show your experiences in slow network connection by changing in setting of resolution and color depth. Now change display properties of RDP client in Windows 10 or 8.1.
Choose lower color depth as you can see in upper image. Now your internet connection take minimum bandwidth in case of slow network. Also, choose low level display resolution it will help you in screen size. Now you have improved slow network connection performance.
5) How to Connect Remote Desktop to Windows 10 with the help of any Outside Network – Remote Desktop connection.
Now, through internet you can take Remote desktop connection from anywhere in the world to your Windows 8.1 or 10. For this purpose we are provide you some specific configurations that we be applied over internet router. The tips are given bellow to Remote Connection your pc desktop.
1) To forward any incoming RDP connection on public IP, you will need to enabled port forward on the internet router.
2) Your should set all your home/office internet at public static IP or DynDNS. Internet modem should have gateway that should valid for static IP or name for your desktop systems.
6) There are some Third Party Free Apps helpful in Remote Desktop Connection Problems.
Here we are suggesting you 3 best third party remote desktop connection programs. Basically it is a remote access programs. People can frequently use this program with Windows 10 and 8.1. The entrusting point is, you are not going to pay any charge for this service. You can work on this programs with the help of any outside internet. No need to change on your home internet router. But according to condition Microsoft doesn’t allow to work on it directly. As Microsoft’s built-in RDP client you will need someone to allow the RDP connection from any destination computer. But please, don’t miss use of these free remote access programs. These remote programs are designed for you best help.
1) Powerfull Ammyy Admin.
2) Passionable AeroAdmin.
3)The most one TeamViewer.