Safe Install Custom Themes on Windows 11/10: If you are also in search of “how to install Custom Themes on Windows 10 Desktop or laptop safely” then you are in right place. In this guide, we’ll show you 2 ways to Easy Install Custom Theme on Windows 10 PC. All these tips will be completed in 3-3 easy steps. You’ll also get images to install windows 10 desktop themes without any risk.
How to Install Custom Themes on Windows 10/11 Safely?
We know that Microsoft has some limitations of using pre-installed themes but our wishes are more. Hence there’re a large number of themes for windows 10 but all are not safe. Many of them are listed with harmful viruses. So, it’s most important to know the safe way to Install Custom Themes on Windows 10 PC.
Microsoft doesn’t allow to use of any third-party theme unless the theme isn’t signed by them. So, the process to install windows 10 desktop themes are a little tricky. We’ve two safe tricks to Install Custom Themes on Windows 10 PC. So, let’s know all the possible ways to install windows 10 desktop themes.
Steps to Install Windows 10 Desktop Themes
Tips-1: In this method, we’ll first;
- Create a system restore point then,
- Download and install UxStyle software to bypass Microsoft restrictions
- Then we’ll Install Windows 10 Custom Themes.
Step-1: Create System Restore Point on Windows 10 PC
To create a system restore point click on the “Search box” of Windows 10 PC. Now type “create restore point” over there and click on that (create a restore point) to open “System Protection“. Now click on “Create…“. Have a guide image to create a system restore point on Windows 10 desktop.
Image-1) This is the guide image to create a system restore point on Windows 10 desktop.
After clicking on “Create…” you’ll see a “blank box” page. Type “Backup” in the blank box and click on the “Create” box. Now, wait for a few minutes till you see the next message. Have a next guide image on how to create a system restore point on Windows 10 desktop.
2 – Guide image on how to create a system restore point on Windows 10 desktop.
The above step will help your PC back if, anything is wrong there. So, let’s go for 2nd step of how to Install a Custom Theme on the Windows 10 Desktop.
Step-2: Download and Install UxStyle Software to Bypass Microsoft Restrictions
UxStyle is the most important software on the path to installing third-party windows 10 desktop themes. This is the most trustful software which doesn’t change or reform any system files on your PC disk.
You can download it from here.
Image -3: How to Download and Install UxStyle Software to Bypass Microsoft Restrictions.
Now install it. It will be done in two steps;
- Double click on UxStayle downloaded file to open it.
- Click on install and Run as Administrator. It’s the same as you do for other software on your PC.
OK, wait till it finishes the installation. No need to restart your PC after finishing this step.
Step-3: How to Install Windows 10 Custom Themes?
In the above steps, we’ve patched the limitation of Microsoft’s digital sign. And we can freely install any third-party themes on our PC. So, let’s download and use our wished theme. It’ll be finished in the below steps.
- Download your wished Windows 10 theme.
- Go to the “Downloads” section of your PC.
- Extract the zip file. If you don’t know how to extract the Zip file then, learn here.
- Open the theme folder and copy the .theme file and .msstyles file.
- Now, open the Local Disk (C:) of your Windows 10 PC.
- Double click on the “Windows” folder.
- Now, Scroll your mouse and double click on the “Resources” folder.
- Then double click on “Themes”.
- Right-click on black space and Paste both files.
Wow! we’ve done.
Step-4: How to Apply a New Custom Theme in Windows 10 PC?
Hence we’ve pasted the theme but there’s still one more step to do. So, let’s know how to apply a new custom theme to windows 10 PC.
- Go to your PC’s desktop.
- Right-click on blank space.
- Click on Personalize.
- Single Click on “Theme Settings”.
- Select your wished theme.
Finished!! Now restart your PC and see the effect.
You’ve learned how to install Custom Theme on Windows 10 Desktop.