How to Clear Recent Files List in Windows 11/10: Have you been tired of searching “All Recent Files” and folders in Windows 11/10? If looking for a guide on how to delete the recent files list in Windows 11/10 then this is the right place for you. Here we’ll show you all the possible steps of deleting Recent files and folders listed on Windows 11/10 desktop/laptop with images. Not only that you’ll also learn here some benefits of having “Recent Files” in the Windows 11/10 Operating System.
- 20+ Steps to Speed up Windows 11/10, 8.1, 8, and 7 Performance
What is the capacity of recent files in Windows 11/10? How many files and folders can we see in the recent files list on Windows 11/10 OS? Can we add the recent files list in the taskbar, quick access toolbar, desktop, and start menu? All these questions are possible in your mind. So, we are going to solve each on-by-one.
- The maximum capacity of having files and folders in Windows 11/10 Recent Files list is 20.
- Yes, it’s possible to add the recent files list in the taskbar, quick access toolbar, desktop, and start menu.
Where is Worked Files List in Windows 11/10, 8.1, and 7?
So, first of all, we’ll learn how to get a recent files list in Windows 10 OS laptop/desktop then follow the steps of removing all of them.
If you have been used the “All Recent File” list in Windows 7 or 8.1 and looking for the same list in Windows 10 for your quick Access then you must follow our Earlier guide here.
Instead of enjoying the recent files list, If you want to clear the recent files list in Windows 10 which is located in the “Quick Access” Area you’ve to follow the below steps. But first, you must know the benefits of having the recent files listed on your Windows 11/10 computer.
- The Quick Access contains your 20 previously used files and folder in the “Recent Files” list.
- It is Windows 10 OS daily rooting of collecting the recent files and folders list from your work area; You can only clear them but they will not stop their work of collecting recent files and folders. If you want to see them on your Windows 10 OS you’ll need to clear them on a daily base.
- But why are you getting rude of looking recent files list in the Quick Access area? When Windows 10 only store 20 files and folders list in the recent files list. You don’t need to waste your time deleting recent files in Windows 10 OS as it’s not going to show you more than 20. And all these 20 recent items will be in a new collection all time.
But if you still want to clear recent files in Windows 10 OS follow the below steps.
How to Clear Recent Files List in Windows 11/10
To clear the recent files list in Windows 10 first you need to find out the actual place of all these recent files lists. In our previous guide, we’ve clearly informed the actual place of recent files and folders list in Windows 10, you must follow the guide here: – How to Get All Recent Files List in Windows 11/10.
A quick review of our previous guide: –
- Go to the home screen of your Windows 10 desktop and create a shortcut to the “Recent Files” list by clicking the right button of your mouse on the blank place.
- Copy and paste %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ in the box appear => Then click to next.
- Type the wished name here or leave for default “recent items”. Then click to finish.
OK, if you’ve followed the above instruction then you’ll see a “Recent Items” icon on your desktop home screen. As shown below.
Double click the “Recent Items” folder. The name may be changed if you typed another during creating the shortcut as we guided above. You’ll see the 20 recent files list including folders too as shown below image.
So, this is the list of 20 recent items in Windows 11/10. Which you can delete = remove = clear one-by-one or altogether by following ways.
How to Delete Recent File List in Windows 11/10
- Right-click on the file or folder which you want to remove then select the delete option to clear from this list.
- Press “Ctrl + A” together to select all the files and folders the right-click and select the delete option to clear all lists at a time.
Hope you could clear your Recent Files List in Windows 11/10
Keep visiting us for future Windows 10 Tricks and tweaks.
Most Recommendations for you;
- Top 10 Best Mid Range Smartphones
- Top 10 Best Tablets Under 200 Dollars Android, Google, Apple, and Windows