How to Clear Recent Files List in Windows 10 : Have you been tired of searching “All Recent Files” and folders in Windows 10? And, looking for the guide how to delete recent files list in Windows 10 then this is the right place for you. Here we’ll show you all the possible steps of deleting Recent files and folders list on Windows 10 desktop/laptop with images. Not only that you’ll also learn here some benefits of having “Recent Files” in Windows 10 Operating System.
What is the capacity of recent files in Windows 10? How many files and folders can we see in recent files list on Windows 10 OS? Can we add the recent files list in taskbar, quick access toolbar, desktop and start menu? All these question is possible in your mind. So, we are going to solve each on-by-one.
- The maximum capacity of having files and folders in Windows 10 Recent Files list is 20.
- Yes, it’s possible to add recent files list in taskbar, quick access toolbar, desktop and start menu.
Where is Worked Files List in Windows 10 , 8.1 and 7?
So, first of all we’ll learn how to get recent files list in Windows 10 OS laptop/desktop then follow the steps of removing all of them.
If you have been used “All Recent File” list in Windows 7 or 8.1 and looking for then same list in Windows 10 for your quick Access then you must follow our Earlier guide here.
Instead of enjoying recent files list, If you want to clear recent files list in Windows 10 which is locating in the “Quick Access” Area you’ve to follow the below steps. But first you must know the benefits of having the recent files list in your Windows 10 computer.
- The Quick Access contains your 20 previous used files and folder in “Recent Files” list.
- It is Windows 10 OS daily rooting of collecting the recent files and folders list from your work area; You can only clear them but they will not stop of their work of collecting recent files and folders. If you want to see them on your Windows 10 OS you’ll need to clear them on daily base.
- But why are you getting rude of looking recent files list in Quick Access area? When Windows 10 only store 20 files and folders list in recent files list. You don’t need to waste your time in deleting of recent files in Windows 10 OS as, it’s not going to show you more than 20. And all these 20 recent items will be new collection all time.
But if you still want to clear recent files in Windows 10 OS follow the below steps.
How to Clear Recent Files List in Windows 10
To clear the recent files list in Windows 10 first you need to find out the actual place of all these recent files list. In our previous guide we’ve clearly informed the actual place of recent files and folders list in Windows 10, you must follow the guide here : – How to Get All Recent Files List in Windows 10.
The quick review of our previous guide : –
- Go to home screen of your Windows 10 desktop and create a shortcut of “Recent Files” list by clicking right button of your mouse on blank place.
- Copy and paste %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ in the box appear => Then click to next.
- Type the wished name here or leave for default “recent items”. Then click to finish.
OK, if you’ve followed the above instruction then you’ll see a “Recent Items” icon on your desktop home screen. As shown below.
Double click “Recent Items” folder. The name may be changed if you typed other during creating the shortcut as we guided above. You’ll see the 20 recent files list including folders too as, shown in below image.
So, this is the list of 20 recent items in Windows 10. Which you can delete = remove = clear one-by-one or altogether by following ways.
How to Delete Recent File List in Windows 10
- Right click on the file or folder which you want to remove then select delete option to clear from this list.
- Press “Ctrl + A” together to select all the files and folders the right click and select delete option to clear all list at a time.
Hope you could clear your Recent Files List in Windows 10.
Keep visiting us for future Windows 10 Tricks and tweaks.
Most Recommendation for you :
- Top 10 Best Mid Range Smartphones in 2021.
- Top 10 Best Tablets Under 200 Dollars Android, Google, Apple and Windows.