How to Find Clipboard and Clear in Windows 10, 8.1, and 7? Before going to answer, of how to clear clipboard? You must know how to use a clipboard? Clipboard is a special kind of computer feature which stores all the copy (Ctrl+c) and cut (Ctrl+x) contents on your computer. As everybody knows, when we use the copy and cut option on our windows 10 (8.1 or 7) PC, it temporarily stores data until we next use this shortcut copy/cut option.
And these data, including texts, images, screenprints, files, folders, etc. captured by clipboard when we apply Ctrl+c and Ctrl+x on them. But many of us don’t know how to find a clipboard? And how to clear clipboard in windows 10/8.1/7 PC (desktop/Laptop/Tablets/Windows Phone).
Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of Clearing a Clipboard?
- How to Find Clipboard and Clear on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to Create Shortcut to clear Clipboard?
What are the Benefits of Clearing a Clipboard?
In this post, we’ll teach you how to find and clear clipboards in Windows 10, 8.1 & 7. But first of all, you must know the benefits of clearing a clipboard. It means, why should we Clear the clipboard on our Windows 10 PC (including 8.1 and 7)? Deleting the clipboard depends upon our needs.
If we want to keep our privacy(searches, images, data, information, etc.) out of other users in the office or at home, we must clear the clipboard before go away from the PC. The following methods can help you better. So, read them patiently.
Recommended for you :
- Top 20+ Steps to Speed up Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 Performance.
- How to Disable Windows 10 gadgets (Sidebar) – Also in 8.1 and 7.
How to Find Clipboard and Clear on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
1) New Copy or Cut: This is the simplest method to clear clipboard on windows 10, 8.1, and 7 PC. As you know, the clipboard feature is only for the storage of copy and cut data, images, information, etc. And clipboard only can hold one-time data after pressed Ctrl+c and Ctrl+X.
So, if you have copied or cut five pages of data and want to clean(clear, delete or erase), select a single useless text and press Ctrl+c for copy or Ctrl+x for a cut from your notepad, webpage, or word document. Applying this option can 100% clear your clipboard and save your privacy.
2) Press Print Screen Switch: Just press(single click) on your keyboard’s “Print Screen button” after using the Copy or Cut option. Pressing “Print Screen switch” will instantly delete all copies and cut data stored in the clipboard.
3) Restart your computer: If you have finished your work, do restart your computer. When you Restart your Computer, it’ll clear all the stored data from the ClipBoard.
4) Windows Command: If you want to clear the ClipBoard manually by applying a Special Windows Command. To Apply this Command, go to the ‘Run’ box (Press 4-flag Windows Key + r together) and type the below command.
cmd /c “echo off | clip”
Then click on Run. At once, you typed the suggested Command in the Run field and pressed the Run Button. It’ll completely clear the ClipBoard in windows 10/8.1/7 PC( laptop/Desktop/Tablet).
How to Create Shortcut to clear Clipboard?
5) Create Shortcut: You can also create a shortcut of the above-suggested Command on your desktop/Laptop/tablet’s Home screen. By this process, you can use the Command anytime when needed.
To create a shortcut of clear clipboard Command, “right-click at space on the desktop and select New Shortcut.”
Now you can see a command box on your desktop screen. Just type over there the command given below.
cmd /c “echo off | clip”
And press “Next” to continue.
On the next screen Type, ‘Clipboard Clear’ and click on Finish to apply.
Wow! you have done. The shortcut command icon is created on your desktop home screen, have a look. Just double-click on this icon anytime to clear the clipboard.
To confirm this method is working or not, copy or cut any data, image, or text in Notepad, word document, or folder and double click on the shortcut. I’m sure it works as the best clipboard cleaner. You can check all these five methods in the same way.