Learn How to Install Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac: If you have an M1 Mac and are used to using Windows, it can be hard to switch over to the Mac and its different way of doing things. However, there are many advantages to using your Mac with Windows installed, depending on what you’re doing.
One of the great benefits of Installing Windows 11 ARM on an M1 Mac is the ability to run 64-bit apps, which is still not officially supported by M1 users. Now, I know it may sound like getting Windows 11 to work on M1 Mac may seem a daunting task for some. However, if you follow the steps in this post, you will get to know how to install the Windows ARM version of Windows 11 on an M1 Mac.
What Is Windows on ARM?
Windows on Arm (WOA) is a full-fledged operating system that runs on Arm-based processors to extend the reach of Windows and its applications across a broad ecosystem of devices. The Arm-based PCs combine the power of your favorite desktop applications, including gaming and 3D graphics, with portability, battery life, and connectivity. It’s also a new way to build and deploy Windows apps on any operating system.
Furthermore, Windows on Arm enables you to bring your existing Visual Studio projects, C++ code, and .NET Framework libraries to Arm-based platforms. You can develop and test your applications with Visual Studio on x86/x64 systems, then easily package and deploy them to your target device running Windows on Arm.
Can Windows 11 Run on ARM?
These days there are lots of users that use arm-based systems and that’s why a majority of them are searching if they can run Windows 11 on their computer, laptop, or any other machine. And if you also want to confirm it then you can check these given requirements. Additionally, Windows 11 also supports Intel, Qualcomm, and AMD processors, which means you can install Windows 11 on computers with Arm64 chips.
|Processor||1GHz or faster. (Compatible with 64-bit version)|
|RAM||Minimum 4GB Recommended|
||TPM 2.0 and System on a Chip (SoC)|
How to Install Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac?
For this installation, you will require some software and some other files.
- Windows 11 ARM64 Build ISO Image File
- Virtualization software like Parallels, Vmware, or Virtualbox.
- Hyper-v should be enabled.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
Note: Before you proceed with the installation, you must ensure that Windows 11 ARM is supported on your operating system.
1) Go to the official website of Parallels and download the software. If you already have it then it’s great or you can also download the free trial from the given link.
2) Now we have to download Windows 11 ARM ISO image file from here. Or you can also get it from the official Microsoft website but for that, you have to enroll in the Windows Insider Program.
Note:- Follow the third step only if you are enrolling in the insider program, otherwise move to the 4’th step.
3) Once you are enrolled, click on the “Windows Client ARM64 Insider Preview – Build” button.
4) Now double-click on the downloaded Parallels Desktop file and then Install it.
5) Open Parallels and then install Windows 11 using the ISO file.
Once installation is done, now it’s time to activate it by following the on-screen instructions.
Activate Windows 11 on M1 Mac
If you already have a Windows license then you can also use it to activate this Windows 11 ARM. And if you don’t have it then you have to buy it from Microsoft.
Now follow the given steps:-
1. Go to the Start menu and open the Windows Settings.
2. Now click on the System tab.
3. On the appeared screen, head over to Activation.
4. Under the Activation page, click Troubleshoot.
5. Once troubleshooting is completed, click on the “I changed hardware on this device recently” link.
6. Now login to your Microsoft account and then enable “This is the device I’m using right now” and click on Activate.
That’s all you have to do to get Windows running on your Mac.
Now if you want to purchase a license and activate your Windows 11 then follow the given instructions.
1. Open Settings app -> Update & Security -> Activation.
2. On the right panel, click Get a new license or go to the store link.
3. In Microsoft Store, you will see the “Upgrade to Windows 10/11 Pro” page and then click on the Buy button.
So, you can easily get a digital license by just paying $99.00 on Microsoft’s official website and finishing the registration process.
Windows will automatically activate once the purchase transaction has been completed.
Executing the above steps to install Windows 11 ARM on your M1 Mac may take a while, but it is the best way to get Windows running on your Mac. You will find that you can enjoy all of the standard features of Windows without any problem whatsoever. In addition, you will have access to many different utilities that are much easier than OS X and do not require you to be logged in all day for them to run properly!
You Must Check the;