How to share Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation. Using Remote Connection is my most wished Tip for Mac users. For a long time, I was thinking to write troubleshooting tips on this topic. And today finally I’m sharing my under-heart experience with you. It has been exciting among Virtual Machine and VMware users to connect and share data using Remote Workstation.
When Virtual Machine share in VMware called “Shared VMs.” By this inbuilt share, a new development started from VMware workstations 12, 10 for upcoming later versions. How to Virtual Machine in VMware will give you new thinking toward the future.
The basic facilities of Shared VMs are, their feature allows us to share several particular virtual machines via a network. No problem for remote users. Now they can freely use their VMware workstation anytime to access shared VM. That is already running on their computer. Shared VMs allows you to create multiple users.
And assign different-different access levels. As a report from VMware, it’s possible to connect more than 100 remote users at the same time to a single shared virtual machine.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware.
Previous important Topics:
Not a single hop but a big move towards great steps in a testing environment. Now we don’t need to develop a number of the same virtual machine on each computer. Because we can instantly share it from a single host computer and surprisingly access it from various remote host systems. When you install any version of VMware workstation By default VM sharing and remote access will be auto-enabled.
Mac users must check our previous post 3 Best Antivirus For Mac, Mavericks, and Yosemite Users. If you looking for purchasing wireless multifunctional printers for your mac PCs. Our best suggestion about the Top 10 best wireless All-in-one printers for mac definitely helps you to choose the best one.
Awareness About Sharing Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection.
Now, let come to the topic. You should be aware of some carelessness during Sharing Virtual Machines in VMware workstations.
1) You must Power off your Virtual machine at the time of sharing.
2) You should check the Shared Virtual machine directory from the shared VMs location. To be satisfied with all shared VMs’ files and folders to the guest machine.
As you can in the above image that location can change. This is because in my host machine it has been shared. So, if you want to change your location better to change the setting before sharing any VMs.
Once you share VMs all files and data related to the shared Virtual Machine will be auto moved into the Shared VMs location.
3) A Virtual Machine can share in 2 Types.
a) You can share your original Virtual Machine. But in this case, you won’t have any separate copy of your Virtual Machine.
b) In the 2’nd method you can cloning of your VM and share. In this case, you will still have your original Virtual Machine after moving clones too.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware and Access from Remote.
4) If you want to share linked clones in your VM, you will need to full clone of your Virtual Machine. See the image given below.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation.
1) By default if your Virtual Machine sharing is working on HTTPS port 443. It means Antivirus and other firewall programs will allow incoming traffic HTTPS port 443.
2) Now, select your share files under the Manage option after right-click on your VM. Like the image shown below.
3) Now choose your options would you like to move full VM or clone VM.
A suggestion: Please never fully move your VM. Because of this option, all your virtual and snapshot will move from the original location. And if the target VM won’t have enough space data would be lost. So, better to check out the disk space in the target Virtual machine.
It is to inform you that in this demo I haven’t moved the clone VM. I have moved a full Virtual machine with consumed disk space near about 12 GB for all files and snapshots.
After sharing your Virtual Machine you can find it under ‘Shared VMs’. For more see the screenshot given below. On the right side of the screen, you can see a new view under ‘Tasks”. That is used by remote users. Just like vSphere hypervisors.
4) To manage permission, how to control shared VM just right click on Shared VM and go to permission under Manage. Shared Virtual Machine –> Manage –> Permissions. Here you will get some pre-made permission Roles to assign shared users. Then you can add groups and domain(local) windows users to the user list from the host system of running Vmware.
If you haven’t made any changes in Permission. Then by default setting local host computer has full permission for shared Virtual Machines. As per important requirements from the VMware workstation.
Steps to Access Shared VMs via Remote VMware Workstation 12 or any version of VMware Workstation.
Now I’m going to show you how to access shared VMs from Remote VMware Workstation. For example, I shared VMware from my second laptop having a different workstation. Follow the steps given below to remotely access shared VMs from VMware Workstation.
1) At first check out the network working between the host(having shared your VMs) and the remote computer (from which you are going to access your shared VM). For the best response try pinging hosts. You may try others if have.
2) Now choose ‘Connect to Server’ on your remote workstation. For more follow the image posted below.
3) Connect to Server you will need to type your server details like Server name, User name, and Password. As shown in the example given below.
How to Access Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation from Remote use.
Running VM in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection
If everything working good no issue with network communication in VMware VM sharing with allowed traffic port 443. I mean your firewall is disabled. Then it’s your wish you may accept or ignore the certificate message. But remember the user name and password that you have submitted on your computer’s screen.
You must like:
- How to Troubleshoot Windows PC Remote Desktop Connection Problems.
- Top 3 Best CRM for Mac OS X, Works with Yosemite and Mavericks.
4) After succeeded your authentication. You will see your shared VMs under the new tab with host Server IP or PC user name. Now, as you can see the main screen is showing basic information about the present physical resources on the host PC. As your VM is accessed from the original host. I mean you are not running your VM from the remote host before going to power on any VMs. Now you can easily understand the available hardware resources for paid or free.
[Solved] How to Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection.
In last you want to clear out something about the access shared VMs. That is you can freely work with permissions and roles level on your host VM. Hope with help of this guide you would be able to share your VMs in VMware Workstation Successfully.