Quick Check: What is My Motherboard? No matter why but many of us ask what Motherboard do I have Windows 11/10, 8.1, 8, or 7? This guide will help you to find out what motherboard you have. Many of us may not aware of, at the time of purchase a PC or laptop and bring at home.
When friends ask for full info about your PC or Lappy then you search for: 1) What is a motherboard? 2) Which Motherboard do I have? 3) Find out what motherboard I have? 4) Check what motherboard I have?
How to Check A Computer’s Motherboard?
You can get your PC’s info in two ways.
- In your PC manual book but if you’ve lost, then what?
- Then, you can get through below 3-Ways.
All these tricks will work in Windows 11/10, 8.1, 8, 7, and also for server versions such as Windows 2022/2021.
Check What is My Motherboard for Windows 11/10, 8.1 & 7
Follow to below tricks to quickly find What is My Motherboard answer.
Trick-1) What is My Motherboard? Check Using Command Prompt
- Type “Command Prompt” in the search bar (for Windows 11/10). For Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 – Click on “Start” and type “Command Prompt” in the search bar. Then click to open it.
- It’ll open a Command Prompt. Now type the below command without quotes.
- Press Enter key just after typing.
- It’ll show you the full info “Your Motherboard Type?” So, if you could get your PC info then Read how to fix Windows 10 Slow Internet Speed Issue? Or, go to Trick-2 below.
Trick-2) Use CPU-Z Software to Check Which Mother-board do I have?
- Go to cpuid.com through your that PC which info you need to know.
- Now Download CPU-Z from that page which is free.
- When your PC completes the CPU-Z download then double click to install.
- Now open it. (You’ll get it on your desktop, you can also search it in your PC’s “Search bar”).
- When the CPU-Z is opened go to the “Mainboard” tab (You’ll get it on top of the Window). Under this, you’ll see the “Motherboard” section.
Hope you could get your PC’s info. If not! Go for Next Trick-3.
Trick-3) With the Help of Windows System Info
Note This trick won’t work for Dell and HP PC or Laptop. So, if you’ve Dell or HP PC then leave this trick and try the above two tricks. It works well for other PC and Laptops. So, let’s know how you can know about your PC’s Motherboard with help of Trick-3.
Go to the “Run” box of your PC (Press Windows + R keys at a time).
Now type “msinfo32” in the Run box and press Enter Key.
Now it’ll show you the full info of your PC under “System Summary.“
Look at the left side of this page you’ll get all the info on your PC. There’re two more things which you may need. So, read the full page and get all about your PC. Have a look at img added here;
Check each list to know all about your PC’s Motherboard.
Hope all the above three tricks could guide you to know your PC’s OS and hardware.