Get the 2 Easy Ways to find MAC Address on Windows 10, 8.1/7 – This guide will helpful for Remote Computers. So, let’s know how to find MAC Address on Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7. The full form of MAC is Media Access Control. The basic requirements of MAC address are –
- To troubleshoot the PC’s network issues.
- To secure network access.
By using MAC address filter you also secure your network access. Why go lengthy when you can allow separate MAC addresses on your office or home Wi-Fi network to fast access the internet. The bellow Steps will teach you the Steps to find MAC Address on Windows 10 or previous 8.1 or 7 also. So, now you can easily track anyone’s computer (provided in your network which you can ping too), or printer, CCTV or the router MAC address from Windows 10 command prompt.
What is MAC Address & How to get it on Windows 10, 8.1/7?
The MAC address means “Media Access Control” is a unique hardware ID which is assigned to network interfaces for communications it can’t be changed. Now let’s go to learn how to find MAC address on laptop or desktop. Here MAC address can be get via 2 ways.
- By using command prompt or,
- GUI via the control panel also.
Recommended for you :
- 20+ Steps to Speed up Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 Performance.
- 20 Best Wireless Printers for Home, Students and Office Under 100 Dollars.
2 Ways to find MAC Address on Windows 10, 8.1/7
Here is 2 easy ways to find MAC Address on Windows 10, 8.1/7, select any one or try both.
1) Using Command Prompt
- First we need to open command prompt. To open command prompt type “cmd” in search.
Now, type ‘ipconfig /all’ in command prompt and press enter. It will run a loop.
- Here you can get the details of all network adapters (like – physical and virtual). OK, Scroll down and check the correct network adapter (I mean which you were looking for). Any of physical LAN port; or, Wireless LAN adapter; or, any other as shown in below img.
What is Physical Address in MAC?
The Physical Address of any provided network card is the MAC address of that computer. It doesn’t matter which computer you are using Windows 10, 7 or 8.1 (the same steps for Linux OS). So, the concept is very clear that, the MAC address always remains constant. The MAC address is an embedded hardware number of related network adapter. If you are a server administrator then you must know that the MAC address of Windows 2012 R2 and 2016 also can be find out in same way, you learnt here.
2) Using GUI Control Panel
It’s too easy to find MAC address using GUI control panel and more similar as we see the IP address of our computer. To view GUI (graphical user interface) follow the below steps;
Type Ethernet in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, windows 2012 or other OS. Click on the change Ethernet Setting.
Give a single click on “Ethernet“.
Here you’ll get the MAC address of your Windows 10 or Windows 2012 or other OS. As shown below.
Hope you could get MAC Address on Windows 10 or Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.