Get the 2 Easy Ways to find MAC Address on Windows 11/10, 8.1/7 – This guide is helpful for Remote Computers. So, let’s know how to find MAC Addresses on Windows 11/10, 8.1, & Windows 7. The Full form of MAC is Media Access Control. The basic requirements of MAC address are –
- To troubleshoot the PC’s network issues.
- To secure network access.
By using the MAC address filter, you also secure your network access. Why go lengthy when you can allow separate MAC addresses on your office or home Wi-Fi network to fast access the internet.
The below are steps for finding MAC Addresses on Windows 11/10 or the previous 8.1 or 7 also. So, now you can easily track anyone’s computer (provided in your network that you can ping too), or printer, CCTV, or the router MAC address from Windows 11/10 command prompt.
What is MAC Address & How to get it on Windows 11/10, 8.1/7?
The MAC address means “Media Access Control” is a unique hardware ID assigned to network interfaces for communications and can’t be changed. Now let’s go to learn how to find MAC addresses on laptops or desktops. Here MAC address can get via two ways.
- By using a command prompt or,
- GUI via the control panel also.
Recommended for you :
- 20+ Steps to Speed up Windows 11/10, 8.1, 8, and 7 Performance
- 20 Best Wireless Printers for Home, Students, and Office Under 100 Dollars
Find MAC Address By Using Command Prompt
- Using Command Prompt
- First, we need to open a command prompt. To open the command prompt, type “cmd” in search.
- Now, type ‘ipconfig /all’ in the command prompt and press enter. It will run a loop.
- Here you can get the details of all network adapters (like – physical and virtual). OK, Scroll down and check the correct network adapter (I mean which you were looking for). Any physical LAN port; or, Wireless LAN adapter; or, any other as shown below image.
What is a Physical Address in MAC?
The Physical Address of any provided network card is the MAC address of that computer. It doesn’t matter which computer you use (Windows 11/10, 7, or 8.1), and the same steps for Linux OS. So, the concept is clear that the MAC address always remains constant.
The MAC address is an embedded hardware number of the related network adapter. If you are a server administrator, you must know that – The MAC address of Windows 2012 R2 and 2016 can also find out in the same way.
Using GUI Control Panel
It’s too easy to find MAC addresses using the GUI control panel and more similar as we see the IP address of our computer. To view GUI (graphical user interface), follow the below steps;
Type Ethernet in Windows 11/10, 8.1, 7, Windows 2012, or other OS. Click on the change Ethernet Setting.
Give a single click on “Ethernet“.
Here you’ll get the MAC address of your Windows 11/10 or Windows 2012 or other OS. As shown below.
Hope you could get MAC Addresses on Windows 11/10 or Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.