What is ISCSI? The full form of iSCSi is – Internet Small Computer System Interface. It’s a transport layer Internet protocol that explains how to transport SCSI packets over a TCP/IP network. (IP = Internet Protocol, TCP = Transport layer protocol and SCSI = Small Computer System Interface). This post will know What’s iSCSi and what else is new in iSCSi Initiator?
What is ISCSI?
ISCSi Initiator is an Acronym for Internet Small Computer System Interface. ISCSi is an IP-based storage networking system that stands for linking data storage facilities over a TCP/IP network. It allows the SCSI command(Small Computer System Interface) to be sent end-to-end over LANs, WANs, or the Internet. (LAN = local-area network, WAN = wide-area network).
What else is New in ISCSI Initiator?
- Images: It allows to use of standard raw image files for creating HA devices.
- Networks: You can use more than two separate network interfaces during synchronization and heartbeat channel.
- Deduplication: It also has snapshots support. To easily support data journaling, the plug-in was also remade.
- Switch partner feature: Any user can assign a new partner node to an existing HA device node. But after again switching the existing HA device to the previous new partner node user must not use the old partner. Then you’ll need to reconfigure client MPIO connections to use a new partner path in the place of the old ones.
- RAM disk: The company has changed the old serial Id generation algorithm. Today they are using unique serial IDs for all different machines in the network. No changing in predefined IDs. It means predefined IDs still can be used to configure files for RAM devices.
Best Answer ;
- High availability: The plugin has upgraded to the new version.
- SPTI: Now, at the time of checking properties user can use the buffer alignment parameter on service initialization.
- Client Network: ISCSi strongly recommended using any client network similar to the heartbeat channel. Heartbeat channel is not a network traffic producer. It’s only used to transfer service messages.
- Synchronization: Any point time when both nodes were down HA device starts synchronization. In case of recognizing the most recent node which has correct data HA device can bring this node online automatically and combine the other node. If anyone of both nodes has not been turned off normally during running cache mode, the auto-sync procedure couldn’t be run by the HA device. It was because, after power loss, both nodes were down at the same time.
- The new transport tool has substituted MS iSCSI transport for the sync channel.
Recommended for you:
- [Linux vs Windows] The Difference Between Linux and Windows Server
- Top 10 Best SSH Clients – Best PuTTY Alternative on Windows 11/10, 8.1 & 7
- Top 10 Tips to Select Best Free Backup Software for Hyper-V Server and Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- 10 Best Digital Camera Under 100/200 Dollars from Digital Camera Buying Guide