[Solved] How to fix “You Have been Logged on With a Temporary Profile” in Windows 10 and 7. You may also saw this error “logged on with temporary profile” on your Windows 10 and 7 Computer. Sometimes when your Windows 10 and 7 OS Laptop or desktop unable to read the user’s profile correctly, it load a temporary profile which is appear as new. And Windows 10 and 7 shows a message that you’ve been logged in with temporary profile.
In this guide we are going to fix the temporary profile message. So read how can a temporary profile fix?
You must be aware of this message or not a day it’ll surprise you when see the new desktop without your own files, all folders, each program shortcut icons and other personalized settings. So read this guide and learn how you can fix ‘You Have been Logged on With a Temporary Profile’ issue in Windows 10 and 7 OS PC.
How to Fix You Have been Logged on With a Temporary Profile in Windows 10 and 7
The very popular message for all Windows 10 and 7 OS users “You have been logged on with Temporary profile”. This Windows 10 and 7 Tricks Guide will solve several issue related profile login.
[Question] Why Windows 10 and 7 Loads with Temporary Profile?
Either Windows 10 and 7 OS delaying in reading your profile or your Antivirus taking much time during booting or the location of your files and folders has been corrupted ( that is located under C:\Users\user_name). Generally Windows read you profile after typed the username and password at time if any delay of loading your profile, it loads with temp profile for quick access on your computer.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 and 7 Temp issue on Domain and Group Environment
Trick-1) We advice you to go first and restart your PC 3-4 times may it get back your actual profile. If not, follow the 2nd trick.
Trick-2) Just rename to showing temp profile registry => Go to the Actual (real) registry settings and correct your profile. Many times this trick works for me in domain and group environment.
How to Correct the Temp Profile in Windows 10 and 7?
- Go and log-in your PC with temp profile.
- Type regedit in search box of Windows 10 and 7 and click to start registry editor.
- Now, navigate the below location. As shown in below image.
4. The similar keys can also be seen under profile list, but not all only one with .bak, see the below image.
The above marked .bak file is the correct profile.
5. At present your Windows 10 and 7 OS computer is logged in with temporary means fresh new profile using same key. To correct it just rename to all the listed profile which doesn’t have .bak => Then remove .bak from market correct profile key. As, done in below image.
6. All done! Now need to log off and restart your computer => Log in with your old correct username and password. Now, luckily you have your correct profile with Actual icons and valid profile settings get back in Windows 10 and 7.
7. But if still your Windows 10 and 7 OS laptop loads those temporary profiles and creating .bak registry key then what to do? It means your user profile is fully corrupted and the OS is unable to read it correctly.
How to Temporary Profile Fix?
Trick-3) This trick has helped me to repair the corrupted files in many Windows 10 and 7 computers. I’ve found that most of time the “Ntuser” files cause this issue. So, => Go to user profile => Run the check disk for partition. As I did in below image.
Wait for restart the check disk => Can you see the corrupted entries and repairing process just inside the user profile folder? If yes, then it’s a good news for you. Let it search, may it find and repair any special file including Ntuser. If it could able to repair the Ntuser files, you’ll get your correct old Windows 10 and 7 profile back.
In case of not worked any above steps, we’ll create a fresh new profile with newly user name.
How to Create New User Account on Windows 10 and 7 and Fix Temporary Profile?
In this method you’ll need to create a user account => Then log-in into new profile and transfer all data from your old corrupted profile to new created user profile. This is easy in workgroup environment and work perfectly because here you can create a local username but difficult task for domain environment. Since, there is already an user account available on domain server with no issue. And if we’ll create a fresh new domain user account then it’ll cause some serious issues on domain groups + hosting membership, business emails, and also for shared permissions.
Because of that, we’ll treat both of them separately.
How to create a New User in Workgroup Environment?
Trick-4) Go to Control Panel or your computer management and create a new user in workgroup environment (non domain). The new user must be added in administrators group, sure it.
Now restart your computer and login to newly account and start copying all your old profile‘s data. The important which you must copy is listed below, which I also do.
- My Documents (As, it contains files of Music, videos and all downloads).
- Favorites (My special data).
- If any outlook PST files (More about Outlook here.)
Actually Microsoft recommends to copy all entire old user profile (instead of 4 files) Check it on its official site.
How to create a New User in Domain Environment?
Trick-5) In this case, If it’s not possible to delete and create fresh new domain user account, till then we could only think about client computer only. So, you need to remove the user profile completely and re create the same user account again. But first you must copy all the important user data (files and folders) 1 to 4 steps as, suggested above and save at new location because we are going to delete this profile.
Now follow the steps below :-
- Go to Advanced settings of System.
- On the user’s profiles click on Settings.
- Select and delete the corrupted not loading properly, user profile in Windows 10 and 7. To get enable the delete button you’ll need to login with different account.
After done this trick all the entire data (user profile) including user SID and registry keys will delete from computer. Use this C:\Users root to recheck all the removal of user account (SID). Restart your computer after completed the removal and login with the same user name (which Windows 10 and 7 was not loading). Now you’ll have to create a new profile because you want to login first time.
Fixed You Have been Logged on With a Temporary Profile in Windows 10 and 7
So, after logged on copy all the files including important data to new created profile and all the function like email outlook, etc. as per requirement.
We’ve been fixed You Have been Logged on With a Temporary Profile in Windows 10 and 7 OS Computer.