How to share Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation. Using Remote Connection is my most wished Tips for Mac users. For a long time I was thinking to write a troubleshooting tips on this topic. And today finally I’m sharing my under heart experience with you. It has been excitement among Virtual Machine and VMware user to connect and share data using Remote Workstation. When Virtual Machine share in VMware it’s called “Shared VMs”. By this inbuilt share a new development has been started from VMware workstation 12, 10 for upcoming later versions. How to Virtual Machine in VMware will give you a new thinking toward future.
The basic facilities about Shared VMs is, it’s feature allows us to share a number of particular virtual machine via network. No problem for remote users. Now they can freely use their VMware workstation anytime to access shared VM. Which is already running on their computer. Shared VMs allows you to create multiple users. And assign different-different access levels. As a report from VMware it’s possible to connect more than 100 remote users at the same time to a single shared virtual machine.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware.
Previous important Topics:
- How to Snapshot in VMware Mac OS X 10.12 – AutoProtect.
- Tips: Test Mac OS X 10.12 macOS Sierra Public Beta 7 with Windows 10,8.1 PC.
Not a single hop but a big move towards a great steps in testing environment. Now we don’t need to develop a number of same virtual machine on each computers. Because, we can instant share it from a single host computer and surprisingly access it from various remote host systems. When you install any version of VMware workstation By default VM sharing and remote access will be auto enabled.
Mac users must check our previous post 3 Best Antivirus For Mac, Mavericks and Yosemite Users. If you looking for purchasing a wireless multifunctional printers for you mac PCs. Our best suggestion about Top 10 best wireless All-in-one printers for mac definitely help you to choose the best one.
Awareness About Sharing Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection.
You must like:
- How to Troubleshoot Windows 8.1 Remote Desktop Connection Problems.
Now, let come to the topic. You should be aware of some carelessness during Sharing Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation.
1) You must Power off your Virtual machine at the time of sharing.
2) You should check Shared Virtual machine directory from shared VMs location. To satisfied about all shared VMs’ files and folders to guest machine.
As you can in above image that location can’t be changed. This is because in my host machine it has been shared. So, if you want to change your location better to change the setting before sharing any VMs.
Once you shared VMs all files and data related to shared Virtual Machine will be auto moved into Shared VMs location.
3) A Virtual Machine can be shared in 2 Types.
a) You can share your original Virtual Machine. But in this case you won’t have any separate copy of your Virtual Machine.
b) In 2’nd method you can cloning of your VM and share. In this case you will still have your original Virtual Machine after moved clones too.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware and Access from Remote.
4) If you want to share linked clones in you VM, you will need to full clone of you Virtual Machine. See the image given below.
How to Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation.
1) By default if your Virtual Machine sharing is working on https port 443. It means Antivirus and other firewall program will allow incoming traffic https port 443.
2) Now, select your share files under Manage option after right click on your VM. Like image shown below.
3) Now choose your options would you like to move full VM or clone VM.
A suggestion: Please don’t full move your VM. Because by this option all your virtual and snapshot will be moved from original location. And if the target VM won’t have enough space data would be lost. So, better to check out the disk space in target Virtual machine.
It is to inform you that in this demo I haven’t move clone VM. I have moved a full Virtual machine with consumed disk space near-about 12 GB for all files and snapshots.
After shared your Virtual Machine you can find it under ‘Shared VMs’. For more see the screenshot given below. In right side of screen you can see new view under ‘Tasks”. That is used by remote users. Just like vSphere hypervisors.
4) To manage permission, how to control shared VM just right click on Shared VM and go to permission under Manage. Shared Virtual Machine –> Manage –> Permissions. Here you will get some pre-made permission Roles to assign shared users. Then you can add groups and domain(local) windows users to user list from the host system of running Vmware.
If you haven’t made any changes in Permission. Then by default setting local host computer has full permission for shared Virtual Machines. As per important requirement from VMware workstation.
Steps to Access Shared VMs via Remote VMware Workstation 12 or any Version of VMware Workstation.
Now I’m going to show you how to access shared VMs from Remote VMware Workstation. For an example I shared VMware from my second laptop having different workstation. Follow the steps given below to remotely access shared VMs from VMware Workstation.
1) At first check out the network working between host(having shared your VMs) and the remote computer (from which you are going to access your shared VM). For best respond try pinging hosts. You may try other if have.
2) Now choose ‘Connect to Server’ on your remote workstation. For more fallow the image posted below.
3) Connect to Server you will need to type your server details like Server name, User name and Password. As shown in example given below.
How to Access Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation from Remote use.
Runing VM in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection
If everything working good no issue with network communication in VMware VM sharing with allowed traffic port 443. I mean your your firewall is disabled. Then it’s your wish you may accept or ignore the certificate message. But remember the user name and password that you have submitted on your computer’s screen.
4) After succeeded your authentication. You will see your shared VMs under new tab with host Server IP or PC user name. Now, as you can see the main screen is showing basic information about the present physical resources on host PC. As your VM is accessed from the original host. I mean you are not running your VM from the remote host before going to power on any VMs. Now you can easily understand the available hardware resources for paid or free.
[Solved] How to Virtual Machine in VMware Workstation Using Remote Connection.
In last you want to clear out something about the access shared VMs. That is you can freely work with permissions and roles level on your host VM. Hope with help of this guide you would be able to share your VMs in VMware Workstation Successfully.