Fixed how to get printer online on windows 10, 8.1/8 and windows 7. No more ask why is my printer offline, just try this helpful guide and follow these steps to get printer online on windows 10, 8.1/8 and windows 7 PC. Some reason may be responsible for not getting printer online on your windows 10 or 8.1/8 and 7. Sometimes it happens because of any changes in setting after updated PC’s OS or Printer’s software. Or, other issues like :- USB cable connection, paper error (jam or out of paper), driver corrupted or hardware faults.
How to Get Printer Online on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
Microsoft keeps changing in its settings. So, you’ll need to know the proper way of making a printer online. In few minutes you’ll learn how to get printer online on windows 10, 8.1/8 and windows 7. So, keep following us.
Tricks to Get Printer Online on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
Follow these 3 tricks and know how to get printer online in windows 10, 8.1/8 and windows 7. These are the offline printers in Windows 10 and 8.1/7. Let’s make these online.
Also check :
Trick-1) Check if Printer Offline on Windows 10
Go to devices and printers. There are six basic ways to open devices and printers page.
- Go to control Panel (Search for “Control Panel” in Windows 10).
- In Windows 7 click on “Start” button menu then go to “Control Panel” => Click on “Devices and Printers”.
- In Windows 8.1/8 you can use shortcut key (Windows + I ) together).
- After opened devices and Printers page, you’ll see your offline printer (It’ll look slightly faded). Just right click on that and check “See What’s Printing”. It’ll open Microsoft Print to PDF page in Windows 10 but different in Windows 8.1/8 or 7.
- What’ever it looks but you’ll see 3 Menus in all Windows OS “Print, Document and View”. Click on Print, here if you see Use printer Offline. If it is checked then remove that as we’ve done below.
- OK, could you see your printer online? If yes, enjoy. You’ve done it.
But if not, or just online then Offline again. It means any connectivity or hardware issue. So, follow the below steps if you are using a printer in Shared Network.
Trick-2) How to Get Shared Network Printer Online
Are you using a shared network printer? You must check the setting of your printer to make sure and fix. (These steps are only for Offline shared network printers).
Step-1) Go to file and printer sharing settings.
Step-2) Check for –
- Network Discovery is turned ON.
- Network sharing services is running or not.
Step-3) Sometimes firewall and running Antivirus or any network protection paid software also can block your shared connection to protect from Virus, etc. So, check it’s IP Address and communication here.
Trick-3) Fix Printer Offline issue by Restarting The Spooler Services
If your printer still goes offline learn another step for “how to Get Printer Online on Windows 10, 8.1/8 and Windows 7” This method always help me. So, learn how to fix a printer with help of Spooler Services.
- Open “Run” box by clicking “Windows + r” Keys together. Erase whatever is written into the box and type “services.msc” into the Run box. Then click OK.
- It’ll open “Services” page. Scroll and search for “Print Spooler” in right side. Click on “Print Spooler”. Look at left side, If you see “Start the Services” then click on “Start”. And if you see “Stop the Services” and “Restart the Services” then click on “Restart the Services“. And close the window.
- Now restart you PC. Hope you’ve learnt how to get printer online on windows 10, 8.1/8 and windows 7 and have made your printer online.
Also Check :
- Top 10 Best Laptops Under 700 Dollars For Gaming and Business.
- 5 Best Cutting Board – Walnut, Bamboo & Greener Chef.